Saturday 7 July 2007

Consumed

Wrote this after my son come home from school telling me he had just been dumped! He was only eight at the time!

Strange thing is, when I set out the poem, it took on the shape of a woman.......

Consumed
^^
00'
I can't explain the pain I feel
But know that this pain is for real.
I sit here and oh God it hurts,
Remembering things like the colour of his shirts,
The clothes he wore,
The tattoo he bore,
I ache to the core,
Just feel so raw.
His very presence, his smell, his touch,
Just desperately want him back in my life so much.
All I want is to be alone and die,
Don't want to think clearly and don't want to know why.
Can't eat or sleep just want to be free,
Consumed by feelings taken over me.
My heart is breaking
Miss our lovemaking
My open wound is gaping
Can't get over him, I'm shaking.
My heart is breaking beyond intensity,
Can't begin to measure the immensity.
Out of my depth, out of control,
Just want to crawl in my own black hole.
I want to hear his voice, want the telephone to ring,
Just want him to know if he knows I'm still living.
Can't deal with this new arrangement
Can't cope with the feelings of estrangement.
! !
! !
Copyright Linda Lawrence
15th June 2006
See what I mean?



No comments: