Tuesday 10 July 2007

About the shortage

Whoever can donate blood - should!

About the shortage

There's a needle stuck deep in my vein;
I've done this time and time again;
The essence of life in blood red bag flows free.
I'm glad to be able to give,
To help someone else to live,
But if I need some, would you give a little back to me?

You can take part of my life to ease your pain,
I want to help you time and time again,
To give something of mine that you lack.
You might be a father, sister, aunt or son
Or a young child whose life had just begun,
But there might be a time I might need some back.

There's a blood red tube running from my arm;
It doesn't hurt, it cause no harm,
But that pint could be a life saver.
It could make a difference to a life,
For an uncle, daughter, husband or wife,

But tell me, would you return the favour?

Copyright Linda Lawrence
25th January 2006

No comments: