Monday 9 July 2007

For my Parents


And for the loved ones in my family.......

Love you Mum

I really do love you Mum
Can't believe you've passed away.
I never got the chance
To tell you things I wanted to say.

You were so open minded,
You really were the best,
So liberated and young in mind-
A cut above the rest.

No Mum to share my problems with,
You knew, I didn't have to speak.
With you no longer around
I feel my future is so bleak.

I long to hear your voice,
Your laughter, your company.
I can't imagine a future happy day,
Without you I'm so grumpy.

I'm glad your name is my second
And I think I have some of your ways,
At least some of your lives through me
Part of you is here to stay.

Any laughter I've had since you died
Is mostly just temporary,
As my joy always turns to tears
Because I want you here with me.

I find it hard to let you go
And wish I could see you again,
Maybe when it's time to join you,
But that's so hard to comprehend.

They say only time will heal,
At the moment I don't want it to.
I want to remember everything
And the great times I had with you.

As your birthday is forthcoming
Your gift is this ode I've written
Sorry it's poignant, sad and tainted,
But sent with love from me to heaven.

Love you Dad

I remember all the good times
That we all once had,
And every Christmas that comes along
Now doesn't seem so bad.

But once upon a time,
On every Christmas Eve,
All your family sat around
Thought of you and grieved

Whilst you're up there in heaven
And we're still earth bound,
I still feel you around us
And know that you're around.

You've calmed me down so many times
And shared my many tears,
But now and then when I've felt depressed
You've chased away my fears.

I think you know all about us
And our ever changing lives,
But would we tell a different tale
If you were still alive?

I miss you so very much
You, my only Dad
I can't help feeling sorry
And sometimes feel quite sad.

But life goes on and once again,
Another Christmas day
You must have been a special man
For God to take away.

Now perched upon your piano,
An ode I've written for you,
And anniversary of Christmas Eve
I felt I had to do


Love you both forever



No comments: