Friday 13 July 2007

Family

Family. We wouldn't be without them!

A few personal poems here

Miss her

I miss the noise from upstairs,
The mess, the clothes, the music that blared
The drunken nights, you too loud,
Made you the daughter of today I'm so proud.

I miss our early morning clash
The fact that you're no good with cash
I'd have it back in flash
Even your habit of a last minute clash.

I miss your presence, your company
But now you've become a friend to me.
It's done us good this time apart
But always know you're in my heart.

I miss you taking my C.D's
Or make up - sometimes I wasn't pleased.
But what I'd do to turn back time!
Where have you gone, little girl of mine?

Copyright Linda Lawrence

7th April 2003

Lost and found
~
Her name stared me in the face
Been looking for some time,
Sent e mail into cyber space
Hoped it reached this cousin of mine.
~
Happy memories of Enfield Lock
Uncle, Aunt, sisters three.
Our families, solid as a rock
Part of the family tree.
~
A garden full of pretty blooms
Playing in the summer sun,
The innocence ended much too soon,
Competitions, races, fun.
~
Our parents now passed on
Some siblings now estranged.
But some love remains so strong
But oh, how things have changed.
~
Sat here with my fingers crossed tight,
Switched on my P.C.
Daring to believe she might
Consider writing back to me.
~
And here she is five miles away
The present and the past.
The bond still there from yesterday-
Hope it's here to last.
~
Copyright Linda Lawrence

27th February 2004

Joseph

When I look into your eyes
I think of all the lullabies
And how in your I see my dad,
The loving father I once had.

There are times I feel my parents' close by,
Looking down from their stars in the sky
Sleeping soundly in your cot -
A new grandson they've now got.

You could easily break my heart,
My life you are a special part.
That innocent look that's in you,
From years gone by it's deja vu.

Copyright Linda Lawrence


15th March 1998

No comments: