Wednesday 11 July 2007

On health Depressed, A little Bug to share, I want to die, Cold


On health and a few tongue in cheek poems

Depressed

I'm down in the dumps
I feel depressed
I've got the hump
And look distressed.

I'm so miserable
And feel run down
My face is in
A permanent frown

There's no comprehending
I feel dejected
The black cloud is descending
Have been rejected.

It hovers upon my head
Seeps into my skin.
My shoulders feel like lead,
It lies deep within.

Am very depressed
It won't go away,
Feel so hard pressed
Is it here to stay?

Am very unhappy
Have lost the plot,
Am being snappy
My temper is hot.

I sit here and cry
Can't think clearly
I don't know why
Question my own sanity.

Am very low
Just want it to go
Just feel so-so
And so full of woe.

Copyright Linda Lawrence

25th August 2006





A little bug to share

I am a little viral bug
As cute as I can be.
I can make your body ache
And make you feel wheezy.

I'm a cleaver little virus,
Can't see with your naked eye,
But I fill you up with messy phlegm
Send your temperature sky high.

I will make you burn right up
Stick mucus in your throat.
Perspire at night, keep you awake
Make you shiver in your coat.

You can't kill me with Elixir,
It doesn't penetrate,
I'm too clever for your homemade cures
I twist turn and mutate.

I'll make you cough 'till you're blue in the face-
Turn you off your food.
Make you sneeze, block up your nose
Put you in low moods. 

So now you're feeling down and weak,
Though you've drunk honey tea.
There's no end to what I can do to you.
And made you feel queasy.
A billion germs in one quick sneeze,
You'd better run a mile.
But if I attach myself to you,
You will feel quite vile.

Copyright Linda Lawrence
4th December 2002






I want to die
~~
I want to die
I've had my day
I've lived my life
It's been okay.
~~~
I've had my time
I can't complain
But now I live
In constant pain.
~~~~
Put me to sleep
Leave me in peace
As you would a pet
Want my life to cease.
~~~~
I want to die
Fed up with pills
I've no quality
Just feel so ill.
~~~
I want to go
Want to be free
But don't be sad
When you think of me.
~~
I'm going to
A better place
As my own life now
I can no longer face.
~
I want to die
Just feel so rough
Just can't cope
Enough is enough.


Copyright Linda Lawrence

14th July 2006




Cold

Wheeze, SNEEZE, FREEZE
Stiff SNIFF
Ribs ache - face ache
Splutter, mutter
OBSCENITIES!

Lozengers for my throat
Shiver in my coat.

COUGH COUGH COUGH BLOODY COUGH!

Vicks inhaler -
Feel a failure.
Phlegm is living on my chest
Need sleep and rest.
Cold then hot,
Full of snot.

Blocked up
Fucked up.

Copyright Linda Lawrence
26th November 2007












1 comment:

Ray said...

Very true and down to earth. Love A bug to share. It somehow sounds childish but then gets a bit twisted.