Saturday 7 July 2007

Where has it gone?

This one I wrote in a moment of madness!


Where has it gone?

What on earth has happened to our Coal Tar?
I'm travelling far and wide for my favourite bar.
I cannot wash without my preferred soap
And have tried the supermarkets without a hope!
I love the colour and fond of the smell -
But the other soaps do not compare so well.
I've used it for years and through my childhood -
The days with Coal tar were so good!
Being washed with flannel behind my ears
With that aroma that lingered up my nose for years.
But it's fast disappearing from our shop shelves,
What do I now use on myself?
The Dove, the Simple, they do not whiff
Like the golden yellow I love to sniff.
(I'll have to drop a line to Wrights'
Ask why buying their product has become so tight)
My supply of their lather is dwindling fast
Just hope it doesn't become a thing of the past!



Copyright Linda Lawrence
23rd January 2007

No comments: