Wednesday 11 July 2007

Just a mention

One of these days, I'd like to become a 'proper' writer!


Just a mention

I want to be outrageous
Disreputable, flirtatious.
Get my name out there
Somewhere in the poet corner,
Be daring and be dangerous.

I want to do something unrepeatable
Have my share of fifteen minutes of fame;
Even if it means I hang my head in shame.
To sell and be sold
Before I get too old.
And be profusely unacceptable.

I wish to achieve something incomprehensible
Be utterly notorious
Totally infamous.
Want to be recognised,
Written about and publicised.
But I know this sounds nonsensical.

I guess I crave attention
Just want a little mention,
In the local rag,
The radio or weekly mag.
Just want to see my name in print

Before I draw my pension.


Copyright Linda Lawrence
20th May 2005

1 comment:

Ray said...

Oh now this is good and funny! I like it!