Wednesday 11 July 2007

A world gone mad

In an ever changing world where everything has to be P.C..

This was published
A world gone mad

A little girl, snot on her nose
Can't wipe it clean I suppose
Don't touch the belts on their laps
In case I get accused perhaps.

'But can I hold your hand for a while'?
(They're frightened of some paedophile)
And even though I've been cleared
The parents' still can live in fear.

The world has changed, it's now so sad
Their cynical minds think all is bad,
And all the teachings that we've had
Have now become a pastime fad.

Sports day now a thing of the past
Blackboards (now white) have disappeared fast
And Nursery rhymes all politically correct,
Seen as sexist, racist or corrupt, I expect.

A skipping game through fields and trees,
A little boy has grazed his knee.
But I can't touch his wounded scar

In case they think I'll go too far.

Copy right Linda Lawrence

July 2003

1 comment:

Ray said...

Isn't this so true? How the world has changed.