Monday 9 July 2007

Ode to special friends past

There's been some sad times in my life and I dedicate some words for my loved ones and special friends.An ode to my best friend forever

A kiss from a rose that touched my heart
And my life that you were an important part.
More profound as the years went by
I just can't let go and say goodbye.

In my mind you were always older than me,
My critic, my counselor, part of my family.
And any problems I might have had.
You always bought good out of bad.

You normally beat me at cards and scrabble,
You love of words often left me baffled.
We often talked way into the night
Over bottles of wine, put the world to right.

There were times you knew instinctively
When to drop your plans and contact me
Your secrets kept within these four walls
Will never be spoken about at all.

Our friendship goes back so many years,
We shared many laughs and sometimes tears.
Now never will again I hear
Your voice from you, my friend so dear.

I feel I know your mum and dad
A close-knit family I wish I had.
But you were my soul sister that was so sure,
We'll reunite our friendship in heaven once more.

Ray's here now and our new baby too,
They never got the chance to know you,
My son you never got to see,
But Gemma thought the world of you, like me.

My beloved friend for thirty-three years
How I want you to be here.
I think of all our conversations spoken
And sit here with my heart that's broken.

18-1-64/22-2-59

Dedicated to Donna


Ode to Gill

I bathed you my friend you trusted me
Your once pretty body I'll no longer see.
I saw the tumours on your breast
And knew your smoking caused this mess.
You closed your eyes as I rinsed your hair
You winced with pain; life just isn't fair.
I cleansed your face, I touched your skin
Knowing that the end is just begining.
You looked in the mirror, you're looking gaunt.
The once beautiful body you loved to flaunt.
I massaged your feet, your heels, your toes.
Will you be here next week? Nobody knows.
In front of my eyes you are fading fast,
And the Christmas card you gave will be the last.
I can't help but stare as you closed your eyes -
It hurts that I care, I don't want you to die.

Dedicated to Gill






No comments: