Thursday 12 July 2007

Damaged goods


Damaged goods

You cannot understand
Unless you were me,
My mind, my psyche
Damaged by someone older than me.
It's hard to move on;
I dwell upon
What should have been.

You wouldn't know.
You can try to lend an ear
Sense a little of my fear.
Be patient of my problems that appear.
On you it's no reflection,
But I still fear rejection,
Deep inside I have been maimed.

Try to understand
I need solitude and space.
Life at my own pace,
Need to stare it in the face.
I cannot be repaired -
Stitched up or put in plaster.
My baggage has been misplaced.

In retrospect
So young, so pure
My life has been endured
And for you there is no cure.
It makes no sense
You took away my innocence.
I was ammunition for your fuel.
Copyright Linda Lawrence

28th June 2001

1 comment:

Ray said...

I know this book made her cry, so I'm not surprised she wrote this. The words are cleverly written