Tuesday 10 July 2007

Hormones and Change!

I'm definitely not coming back as a woman!
Both published



Practically Mentally Sane

At that time of the month
It's a right pain in the arse,
Nearly always the same
I feel so damn aghast!

Filled with paranoia
Set in apathy,
A couple of sleepless nights
Brings on this lethargy.

Who'd be a woman
At a time like this?
Stomach really bloated,
Water retention in my tits.

Any chance of being social
Is no idea of fun,
I loathe all conversation
And hate almost everyone.

These stomach cramps do hurt
And take over my life,
I curl up in a corner,
Who'd want me for a wife?

All I want is a cuddle,
Don't ask me what is wrong.
My brain can't equate to P.M.T.
Don't worry - it won't last long!

When the two headed monster
Is ready to appear,
Excuse me while I crack up
My period is so near.

There's no logic to these tears,
But 'depression' brings them about,
Things are taken the wrong way
And at this time I hit out.

I try hard to be nice,
But mood swings are on overkill,
Please be patient and be kind
I can't help the way I feel.

I don't expect to be understood,
'Coz I don't understand.
Hormones are at their very worst -
Just come and hold my hand.

The change of life is imminent
Goodbye to all my ova.
Turn my back on all these months -
Be glad when it's all over!


Copyright Linda Lawrence
9th March 1993


Menopause

Dull,
Grey
Matches my mood today.
Climbing the four walls.
Menopause.

Cold
Hot
Shall I go out or not?
Feeling a rush
Of another hot flush.

Mad
Sad
Feeling bad.
Soaking wet
Hot sweat.

Cold in summer
Hot in winter
Dry and manky
Hormones cranky
Need a hanky.

Mind blank
Smell rank
Feeling change
Acting strange
Head deranged.

Funny age
Mood swing
The change of life to begin.
Please, no more surprises
I'm going through a mid-life crisis.

It's my time
In neon signs
Weight spread
This I dread
And everything I've read.

Is this a curse?
Or maybe a hex
I've even gone off love and sex.
I'd rather suffer P.M.T.
Then face this new reality.

Copyright Linda Lawrence

23rd December 2004

1 comment:

Ray said...

Well, being a man I don't understand why that favourite mug of hers was hurled at me (with the tea still in it........)