Wednesday 11 July 2007

Ever worked somewhere that made you dread getting up in the morning? Turned out a little bit abstract - but got it published!

Between the lines

I'm sitting on the fence
In first gear stuck in neutral.
The atmosphere is tense
My feelings are not mutual-
It's hard to make pretence.

There are two points of view,
As silently they leer.
It's all a bit confused
In the middle of a sphere
Lost in wires, spikes and glue.

I wish I were oblivious
As white lies multiply,
I'm open, I know it's obvious
As my body language lies.
The feeling now is ominous.

Six of one, half a dozen of the other
I don't want to act a role.
From each it's under cover;
I'm made to feel a mole;
Futile looks from one another.

In a tunnel on the central line,
I want to joint the jubilee.
An approach if further into decline
And stopping now would be too risky,
By now I've seen the signs.

An atom bomb explodes.
The fall-out now will linger;
Their computers' on reload.
The faces point a finger.
They've changed to different mode

In a corner now I'm sat
Open and exposed
Like a field mouse to a rat.
There is so much I know.
Now I'm flat on my back.


My fence is now barbed wire,
It feels like prison camp!
I'm innocent - no liar!
(It's my fault for being quiet)
I'm waiting to be fired.



Copyright Linda Lawrence

30th June 1994

1 comment:

Ray said...

Found this very abstract and didn't really understand where she was coming from until it was explained.

Some clever lines though.