Monday 9 July 2007

Creeping up/Still young at heart

On age..........


Creeping up

Need more KY
Getting older and dry,
My boobs are droopy and baggy.
Past my sell by date
As my stomach inflates
My thighs wobble more and are saggy!

I'm stiff and I'm cold
(Or so I've been told)
And 'headaches' have now increased.
But still want a cuddle,
Tho' my heads' in a muddle-
Oh! Just leave me in peace!

My hormones are raging 
I know I am changing
And losing my dignity.
Still wearing my jeans
But don't spill the beans
My size is bigger than it used to be.

And now my good hearing
Is fast disappearing
A kip in the afternoon.
An early night
Unread books by the light
Older age creeping up too soon.

Copyright Linda Lawrence
10th May 2005



Still young at heart


Looking close in the mirror the other day,
I noticed a few of my hairs have turned gray.
And over night more laughter lines
I'm looking much older; I've got all the signs

Rough elbow patches, my boobs are sagging,
Repeating myself, nonsensical nagging.
My memory now as good as a sieve.
will I get much worse for as long as I live?

Full of wax and catarrh inside my ears,
Make most conversations muffled, unclear.
Books and papers with bold black print
Are now all read with both eyes squint!

Most weekends are met with a welcome rest,
Most mornings I wake and gone is my zest!
Early to bed, late to rise -
Trying to rid the bags under my eyes!

Now all the housework takes a long time
It's an effort to pet washing on the clothesline,
It's not 'coz I'm lazy - that just isn't true
Now that I'm older, it takes ages to do!

Even oil is added to regular baths
To stop dry skin spreading, boy what a laugh!
I forget to remember important dates
And always running one hour late!

Touch my toes in a bid to be trimmer-
It won't be long before it's done in my zimmer!
(To squeeze into this I've got to be thinner
So now I've become a regular slimmer)

I've tried all anti ageing stuff money can buy,
From pills to creams and mudpacks, I sigh,
Cucumber and teabags to help my complexion,
But they haven't improved that mirrored reflection!

My knees creak more as the years have rolled on
And all night parties have now long gone.
I cherish most of the evening with books or T.V.
And get somebody else to make me some tea!

Copyright Linda Lawrence
30th September 1994

Still Young at heart was published.

No comments: