Tuesday 10 July 2007

Our world has changed

Our world has changed

I look around in deep despair
So confusing, I tear out my hair.
The no longer the same it seems
Turn around by every means.

I look around in true disgust
Their morals lying in the dust,
The poisons in the food we eat
Feeding our faces with deadly treats.

As robots speak to us on the phone
Instructions, oh so monotone.
We are a number, no more a name
Or a password, now that is a shame.

We type into a chatroom where
We speak to nicknames, our souls we bare,
I look around, again and sigh,
The world has changed so much I cry.

We read a text, where is the friend?
The comfort, warmth, the ear to lend.
Our lives evolving around technology trends
I look around, where will it end?

The high mortgage nobody can afford to buy,
I look around again and sigh
Pay until the day we die
The world has changed so much I cry.

Copyright Linda Lawrence
8th December 2005

Road Rage

My language is graphic
I'm sitting in traffic
Listening to the radio.
It seems like I'm stuck
So now I am fucked,
Same play list all in a row.

I sit here and curse
Stuck behind a hearse
Getting more distressed.
The roads are a mess
Another learner passed the test,
Could it get any worse?

I sit here and sigh,
Wish I could fly!
I'm hungry and needing the loo.
It's always the same-
Lorries block rural lanes
A never ending queue.

I'm going to be late
Got enough on my plate,
The air is blue I swear.
Can't take the pace
In this rat race

It's more than I can take.

Can't overtake
Keep using my breaks
Started a headache,
Not much more I can take,
Drive home again
And face the same.

Copyright Linda Lawrence
17th March 2006


Unfamiliar

The village that I used to live
Is now a town, God forgive
And all the little shops now gone.
A reminder of life that has moved on.

The church, the garden, the pretty stream
Now used for debris or drugs, it seems.
Youths' cause havoc, spread misery
Crime is now let off scott free.

Things aren't what they used to be,
A corner shop gossip, familiarity.
Giving way to hypermarket sales
Queues of impatient people trails.

Unfamiliar faces, different races
Moving in much faster paces.
In bygone days' a different place
I no longer wish to embrace.

Some attitudes materialistic!
Must have this, that-what makes them tick?
The serious expressions that they wear
In a society that no longer cares.

I wear my heart on my sleeve
Those early days; I sit and grieve
The town now unfamiliar, so alien
Young generations can be so vain.

I long to live what used to be 
An equal living for you and me
The friendly neighbour, cup of tea,
is no longer here unfortunately.


Copyright Linda Lawrence
8thFebruary 2005

O.K. Jack

Falling into the lair
Of the spiders web
Believing the spiel
Costing us thousand we dread.
Because of some fat commision
Struggling now
To make ends' meet,
It'll take us years
To get back on our feet
Who the hell gave you permission?

I was told it was a tiny repair;
The clutch arm,
Costing thirty odd pounds-
Now that wouldn't do any harm.
But all you waned from me was to steal
And now, it's on the ramp so high,
You've started some other work-no I cry!
I have no other means for your high bill.

With you polished persuasion
You make me sign
On a tailor made
Dotted line
Geared for mugs like me.
(You didn't mention the small print)
Now I pull out my hair
In utter despair
It's simply not fair.
But as long as you get your fee.

I'm in a tight spot
You've got me floored,
Now I'm mortified
To find I'm not insured.
And yet you happily took cash hard earned.
It's written in invisible ink
I should have known better than to kick up a stink,
But now I know I've been mislead
The thoughts of hopelessness run through my head.
My fingers' now are burnt.

The world seems to be
So money orientated,
Don't trust a soul now,
Don't want to get acquainted.
You might stab me in the back.
I'll remain cynical
For what it's worth
I won't meet your eye
And give you a wide berth.
As long as you're O.K. Jack.



Copyright Linda Lawrence
13th April 2005




No comments: