Saturday 7 July 2007

Alien







This would be a poem inspired by a dream!

Ilustrations by Joseph

ALIEN

 

I was trying for hours to get some kip
But wasn't tired - not one little bit!
I sensed something peculiar in the cold night air
And couldn't sleep - it just wasn't fair!

Fed up with counting sheep in their hoards
My mind running riot in amusing thoughts!
Trying not to laugh at the baa lambs in my mind
Or some imaginary being though not of our kind.

But then I thought I heard a sound -
A whirling noise outside on the ground
With flashing blue and green neon lights
Out there in the still, inky night.

I stared out of my window and what did I see -
A googly eyed Alien peering in at me!
I rubbed my eyes, was it all in my head?
As I sat up bolt right on my bed.

It was a funny colour tinged with Blue and Pink

And was so small I had to double blink!
"Are you for real" I shouted out
Trying to figure out what all this was about.

It started to speak in our English language
And swore it was eating some kind of sandwich!
"Did you want a bite" it asked and showed me the spread
Which looked like Tuna inside wholemeal bread.

This surely is not real as I turned on my light -
An Alien eating sandwiches out there in the night?
I found it all a bit bizarre
As it stood there with a Milky Bar.

Then it gobbled down some Haribo sweets
With some Sherbut lemons he ate with his feet!
Covered in some Fromage Frais:
Then I offered my smoothie just made up today.

"Do you mind if I come in and eat at your table?"
The Alien asked showing me his bagel.
"It's just that out here I'm making a mess
With the Cheese and Cress - can I be your guest?"

So I let it in and down it sat -
Inches away from my ginger Tom Cat
Whose back had arched and fur stood straight
As the Alien finished off the fish from his plate.

I asked and I know it sounded a little rude,
Why all of its interests were just of food?
But the Alien answered with just a nod
As he carried on chewing his battered Cod!

(I wondered why it wasn't fatter
Eating all the oil and batter)
As it rummaged through my rubbish bin
Eating the scraps from within.

"Oh I'd eat almost anything!"
The Alien said with a grin.
As the Wrights' Coal Tar Soap
Slipped straight down his throat!

And a tin of polish
With a stick of Liquorish,
Some mushy peas -
My household keys!

It ate my flake - my banana milkshake!
Then he finished off my homemade Carrot cake!
"Hey, that took me ages to make!"
Does this Alien ever take an eating break?

It offered me some Strawberries and cream
But in the next few seconds I woke from my dream,
Thank goodness! I believed that was for real!
Thinking thoughts that were so surreal.

A hungry Alien? How silly is that!
As I bent down to pet my sleepy cat.
He purred so softly as I stroked
But looked full of worry as he awoke.

My ginger Tom Cat Meowed for his fish
But there should have been some left over in his dish!
As I left a plateful out the night before
and wondered why he wanted more?

My kitchen table run amok
With items from my food cupboard stock
I must have slept walked in the night
Felt hungry and had had a bite!

But as I looked out of my window...........I let out a cry
When I saw a spaceship passing by!
And in it a bright Alien Pink and Blue
Oh my goodness - it really was true!

Copyright Linda Lawrence

8th March 2007

























































1 comment:

Joseph said...

I enjoyed reading this one and I think that a lot of children my age would like it as much as me.

Love it!