Saturday 7 July 2007

Control Freak

Wrote in Forty minutes. Stuff on my mind...

Got this one published.

Control Freak

You consume my way of life; want to know my every thought.
Enjoy my feelings of despair although it's not my fault.
I look into the bottle of pills that hides uncertainty,
But knowing when I swallow, that person is not me.

I've tried to analyse exactly what's gone wrong
But know deep down I won't be happy until the day I've gone.
You won't smile until the day you've destroyed my soul
And every day you push me harder that seems to be your goal.

You open all my mail, interpret all my text
Go through junk on my P.C. - whatever fucking next?
I've nothing to hide, you're insecure, there's nothing for you to see -
Apart from your imagination that sees the worst in me.

Emotional blackmail, nonsensical talking puts ruin to my fate,
You twist the knife to your way of thinking, try to manipulate,
You treat me like you would a child and use me like some bait.
You won't be happy until I cave in, crumble and deflate.

I wish I could just turn my back on your words I could avoid,
I want to gag your constant nag, as my feelings' now devoid.
I wish it was easy for me just to turn away
But the turmoil I feel inside justifies my stay.

I feel weak inside, but deep down it's you that needs therapy,
Until the day you admit this, you'll keep on punishing me.
If this is what you want from life that gives you so much joy,
Then I conclude your childhood was void of love and toys.

My time of understanding has almost run its course,
And more than once I've set out rules in case of our divorce.
You must have been abused yourself the way you've treated me,
Because the person I stand opposite is so damn ugly.


Copyright Linda Lawrence
Sung by Dave Richie

19th October 2004

No comments: