Tuesday 10 July 2007



Oh and us ex smokers are definitely the worst hypocrites!



My first to be published though!



Dying



I'm dying for a cigarette

To fill my lungs with tar,

Add poisons to my blood stream

And cough up black catarrh.



I'm dying for a drag or puff -

Shorten my life expectancy.

Die of cancer, clog up my heart

Or some statistical fatality.



I'm dying for a long, cool lug

To calm my nerves, to feed my habit.

I need to breathe in toxic fumes,

How long can my body stand it?



I'm dying for my hourly fag

Fill my airway up with smoke,

I'd go great lengths for a drag

Even though I'm broke!



I can't give up, I'm hooked, I'm weak,

The future for me is so bleak,

I'm not quite ready to quit just yet

I'm dying from a cigarette.





Copyright Linda Lawrence

26th September 1996


1 comment:

Ray said...

We're all glad she gave up here!