Wednesday 11 July 2007

Mmmmmm Marmite!

This was a very random poem and a bit mad!

Mmmmmmmm Marmite!

You either love it or you hate it
But it’s Marmite I adore,
And each time I get a taste of it
I want it more and more!

Stick some in your casserole
Add it to your gravy
Lick it straight off from the pot
It's delicious and so savoury!

Marmite sandwiches from bygone days
And there are here to stay
Warding off the Mozzies
(Or so the experts say!)

Marmite for our lunch
Marmite on our toast
Beats all other fillings
The one I love the most!

Lick if off my fingers-
Lick if off the knife
Sticky brown and thick-
Loved it all my life!

Making my mouth water
Lick it from my lips
Dig deep down into the pot

Right to my finger tips.

Copyright Linda Lawrence

20th March 2006

2 comments:

Joseph said...

Yeah......I love marmite too! Must take after my family!

Unknown said...

A spread of honey is marvellous,a spread of margarine is delicious but a spread of MARMITE is worth living for!!
Araba,
16 years.