Monday 9 July 2007

Upstairs to my rocket

After decorating my little boys' room!

Upstairs to my rocket
/\
!
I'm in my little spaceship
Going to the moon,
Snug beneath my duvet
Wrapped up in my cocoon.


I want to be a rocket man
Within the planets and stars,
To see the rings on Saturn
Build sandcastles with dust from Mars.

Shining brightly on my ceiling
Is a saucepan, my great bear;
I think of meeting Aliens
As I climb the stairs.


I see a supernova
On my walls a galaxy.
I orbit around the Milky way
Until I feel sleepy.


I want to be an Astronaut,
Count me down to my first flight,
As I cuddle yellow teddy bear
My earth turns off the light.
!
\/



For Joseph

Copyright Linda Lawrence

30th September 2004

So pleased it was published

1 comment:

Joseph said...

Thanks for writing this Mum as it will be a good reminder of the bedroom you and Dad decorated for me!