Saturday 7 July 2007

Bear Hugs

Inspired by the washing machine! I'll explain why at the end of the poem!

Bear hugs

Now that you are in my life I want you here forever.
You make my heart beat faster, won't let you go, not never!
From the first time I saw you, I made no pretence,
I've never felt something so strong, so clear and so intense.

I look at you in wonderment and realise now I'm living.
You exude so much joy and feel the love that you are giving.
I fell that we will never part until our dying day,
I'm sure that you share my thoughts on this and wanting it this way.

There's nothing wrong with the need for every day to be together,
We always seem to be in tune, in soul, in mind - whatever.
I want you to take good care of me and I take care of you
And even when we go to sleep I'll hold you all night through.

You've always listened closely and my secrets with you I've shared,
Never tired of my problems and my soul with you I've beared.
You've never been judgemental in anything I've done -
You've always been around for my daughter - now my son.

As times' worn on you've always been right here by my side
My feeling as strong as ever from the start has never died.
I need to let you go now to be loved by someone new
But I'll remember all the wonderful times that I've had with you.

I remember the first day I saw you, I was only two
And that would be the first time I fell in love with you.
But you've been cuddled by many more, in my sons' arms now you lay -
My little yellow Teddy Bear has never been far away.




Copyright Linda Lawrence
Sung by Dave Richie

17th June 2005

Oh what a nut nut........I got very emotional seeing him going around and around in the washing machine and then hanging him out on the washing line by his ears........

No comments: