Saturday 4 January 2020

Wealthy

Wealthy


I dont mince my words or skirt around the edge;
Beat around the bush, or play mind games;
I try to be honest whenever I can,
You know where you are and I know where I am.

I dont judge a book by its cover, but look deep inside,
Diplomatically try to stay right on your side.
Now and again, I might choose to white lie
To save your feelings - to keep your eyes dry.

There are at times, Ill act stupid and daft -
Its only because it keeps on making you laugh!
The words you hear are almost straight to the point,
It helps save the day and fails to disappoint.

There are many times you feel under the weather
There are many times, Im at the end of my tether!
But there is a clear, silent understanding
That youve found, then it becomes less demanding.

I call a spade a spade and its helped pave the way,
To learn the work I love, the problems I see today.
After many years of training, much psychology
Nothing can prepare the sadness in life I see.

Realistic and practical, finding solutions,
Many a time seeking new resolutions.
At the end of the day and feeling so weary
But all that matters is you dont feel so teary.

Not always so strong and needing support
And there have been times I have fallen short.
And maybe with you, theres been a cloud on the horizon
And being realistic, its not at all surprising.

While Im with you, what you see is what you get,
Although feeling humble, am forever in your debt.
Feeling so lucky, being so healthy.
This is what it means by being so wealthy.


Copyright Linda Lawrence

January 2020



No comments: