Wednesday 22 January 2020

A mindful of rubbish!


A mindful of rubbish

Developed some allergies later on in years
There’s been some frustration and a few tears.
Before leaving the house, I have to apply
Drops for my eye to stop the dry;
Can’t seem to get out of the door
Because of a daily ritual before!
The steroid spray for my sinuses
To help stop mucus and the dryness.
Many a watery eye and sneeze
Before I reach for my car keys!
And now my ear!
I just can’t hear!
It’s blocked, needs to be unstocked -
The ringing in it needs to be unlocked!
So reckon that there must be some connection
And think my head needs more protection.
The medicine box is like a toolbox
Hope it all goes before the spring equinox.
I don’t mean to make a fuss
But my head feels like it’s full of pus!
The pharmacist must see me coming
Another ailment that’s unbecoming.
Not sure what’s wrong with auditory
But reckon inside it must be gory....

Linda Lawrence
22/01/2020


No comments: