Friday 3 March 2017

Vice versa

Vice Versa


I remember a reel to reel
Complete with microphone.
Listen close to Pick of the pops,
Used to be my comfort zone.

And then there was a record deck
To play my records on;
Stereo sounds that filled the room
Though in time they were withdrawn.

Pocket money of fifty pence
Bought a vinyl single.
Chart countdown Sunday afternoon,
Filled with much loved jingles.

In-between, there were cassettes;
Tape all, tape that, tape this!
Hand written labels very neat
How much I reminisce!

Much was replaced by compact disk
But they sold at a price.
No scratches heard nor did they skip;
The sound it was precise.

By now there was the mini disk
And spent so many days,
Record the stuff I loved so much
But this was just a craze.

Then the MP3 it found its way
Into our music homes.
So very small and very light
And used with big headphones!

The MP3 it grew quite big
Into an Apple ipod,
So many tracks and album songs
But have turned into a tightwad!

So now I have a record deck
Some records need replacing.
Play music from yesteryear
My heart is really racing!

Now C.D's are so cheap to buy
Vinyl’s become expensive.
Searching for some great old stuff
My search has become extensive.

Déjà vu want to repeat it
‘Tho my search is incomplete.
My hands held up, feel defeated
Some vinyl’s been deleted.


Gone back to where we started from
Vice versa gone quite mad!
Nothing to play my C.D's on.
Paid a price for all these fads.

Copyright Linda Lawrence

2nd March 2017

No comments: