Saturday 25 March 2017

On the Spring-cleaning!

Whats the point?

Why do we put it upon ourselves so?
Pressure is here cos it
s that time of year.
Dusting and cleaning where no man should go,
Thick cobwebs loop but we shouldn
t go near.

Whoever looks under your bed my dear?
No one peeks behind that vintage cupboard.
Is it gossip that one possibly fears?
So and so doesn
t clean their house, mlud!

Please take thy home at face value we must,
Just be here, drink tea, eat cake and enjoy.
Ignoring the crap, the dirt, and the dust,
A cleaning company
s devious ploy.

To make us buy their products and offers,
Charge a small fortune to line their coffers.

Written by Julie Reed

And my reply...

Empty wine racks...

Well, as long as I know it's squeaky clean
And please let me try and explain!
It's got the 'feel' of back to pristine
Cleaning products we did abstain.

I've used a lot of our alcohol;
Some Aldi white vinegar too!
Spruced the house until nightfall -
You've got to see my point of view!

Lemon juice and salt from the table
Peroxide put by for my hair!
Nothing with a company label
I humbly promise and swear!

So if you notice the wine rack's now empty
You know why now, as there used to be plenty!


PS. I forgot to mention Elbow Grease
And hope by now I've said my peace!

No comments: