Friday 11 March 2016

In a heartbeat

In a heartbeat

Amazing what I have accrued
Between the tank and the screws;
Hours on end going through -
You've got to see my point of view!

I really felt so hard pressed
To chuck away that little dress,
Had it for years, I must confess!
Lucky and I feel so blessed.

That pretty dress, the girl so sweet;
Years gone by in a heartbeat.
The woman now, still so petite,
The clothes she wears, so very neat.

The little Thomas shoes he wore
Kept safe for years in a drawer!
Now he shops in a men’s' store;
That now tall man that I adore.

To hold on to that little pram
Have that little boy as long as I can!
From house to house in traffic jam
It weighed so many kilograms!

A Thomas bag for p.e.,
He must have been just only three.
He used it for the beach and sea
Then stored it away so carefully.

For each and every new milestone,
Marvelled at how much they've grown.
Their baby teeth I can't disown
Unless I had a heart of stone.

Her first shoes just some of many,
Must of cost a pretty penny!
She must now own over twenty
Young at heart, so very trendy.

Cards from birth to present day,
Some special people passed away.
Stored safely and they're here to stay
And every day's a Mother's day.

It's been busy and traumatic
To get rid of toys made of plastic
Sometimes manic and problematic
To part with things in the attic.

Copyright Linda Lawrence

9th March 2016

No comments: