Wednesday 4 June 2014

Forgetful!

Forgetful!

I regret, I forget!
Am fretting and getting
Frustrated!
Feel so isolated
For not remembering!
Am trembling
That I can’t recall
Not much at all!
It’s on the tip of my tongue
Which ain’t much fun.
Words have runaway
Not sure what way!
It becomes unbearable
If it’s not memorable.

But on reflection
That lack of recollection
Need an injection,
Not disconnection
With many things
That forgetting brings!

I feel quite rotten
As now I’ve forgotten
Your name; It's a pain
And sounds insane, but
I'm not to blame
That my brain
Is not what it was
And it's all because
I'm older and colder,
My life's in a folder!
As a reminder
 
(All neat in pretty binders)

Just so sorry
That I appear off my trolley!
Just so scatterbrained
And cannot sustain
Or maintain
My memory!
And no one’s explained
That it can’t be retained!

Copyright Linda Lawrence

3rd June 2014

No comments: