Monday 30 June 2014

Bugging me



Bugging me


This insect repellent

Is such a deterrent

Against gnats, even cats!

Or this and that!

Saves me having to splat

Or use a baseball bat

On those damn things

Who makes me itch and sting.


Am feeling quite sore

And so deplore

And do abhor

My blood being sucked!

While spreading your muck

And for you to abduct

Blood from my pores!

It’s becoming a bore

And also a chore.


Keep spraying on stuff

Enough is enough!

Am not quite so tough

Now my skins’ looking rough

With all these bites,

Can’t even wear tights

Would look such a sight!

You’ve got no right

You damn parasites

Better say your last rites!


And of using this cream

Of antihistamine,

I must be esteemed

And tasty like

Chocolate ice cream!

Now the state of my skin

All up my shins;

You’ve made a mess

Of my pair of pins.


And during the night

You home in on a bite,

It isn’t quite right

That the zap light

Didn’t trap you tiny mite.

And while in my dreams

You fed well it seems

It must, for you, be a delight

That you ate well tonight.


Copyright Linda Lawrence 20th June 2014

No comments: