Friday 30 June 2023

Mouse patroller

 

Mouse patroller


I am a little furry cat.

Employed to catch the mice.

And hope to be given a morsel.

From someone who is nice.

 

I keep the rodents well away -

Me and other felines

And hope there’s someone here that’s kind,

To give me meat for this hunger of mine.

 

I am too thin but do my job.

Crave attention from time to time.

Could do with a meal every night,

While you enjoy your beer and wine.

 

I am a little tortoiseshell

With beautiful green eyes.

Had too many frights and injuries,

Today’s another day to survive.

 

I am a little hungry cat,

Might look a little strange.

Could do with seeing a vet,

For treatment to this mange.

 

I am a humble loving cat

In need of love and pets

And just remember why I’m here -

To keep away the pests!

 

As you leave this lovely island

I hope other people will feed,

The too-thin tortoiseshell,

That is in so much need.

 

Copyright Linda Lawrence

26/06/2023

 

 

 

No comments: