Monday 12 September 2022

Senior citizen

 

Senior citizen!

 

Going now is my dexterity,

My eyesight failing can hardly see.

Im not like there person you see

As I am nothing like I used to be.

 

I am now in my golden years

And I know that both my ears

Are getting very hard to hear

But Im still me and persevere.

 

My body and health is declining

Feels like I am always whining

And creeping up, debility,

But still inside its the same me.

 

I am not quite over the hill

Although I have to take several pills.

My mobility slow, am getting cold,

Not too sure about getting old.

 

I have aides to help me through the day

Makes life easier Ive got to say.

Im just not feeling myself today

Still the same soul, my hair tunred grey.

 

I am the same person but now confirm

Over the last few years become a bookworm!

I have no energy, just worn out,

The years of youth have been burnt out.

 

Its taken a few decades to succumb

To become a senior citizen!

It doesnt mean to say Im dumb

And deep down I am the same someone.

 

Inspired by Alwyn

 

Copyright Linda Lawrence

12/09/2022

 

 

 

No comments: