Wednesday 23 September 2020

Terribly undecided!

 

Terribly undecided!

 

Thought this extra inch

Was going to be a cinch

But it's only made me flinch!

And since lockdown

Its coloured grey and brown.

 

It's easier when it's shortened,

Sticking up, spiky and

Completely off my face!

And really don't embrace

Now its taking up too much space!

 

Its started to look uncared for -

Getting harder to ignore.

It needs a bit of shifting,

Some height and stuck up lifting!

Its started to become a chore.

 

It's going to stay short

Upkeep it to stay fair

And as a last resort

Am having that extra inch

Cut right off my hair!

 

Now there is a kink

And wanting it to shrink!

There is so much extra sweat

That's dripping from my neck

Beginning to look like a wreck.

 

I really do like

The way it used to spike -

The way it stuck out

And have no doubt

That now it looks washed out.

 

Blow dried it upside down

Rubbed in some daily glue

Teased it from the crown

Really like my old hairdo

Now that my hair is lying down.


But people say

Its looking nice today!

Not the usual

Awry and flyaway -

With a softer length array.

 

Longer here and there -

This really is quite rare!

I don't feel so unhinged

And not so much of a cringe

By having a longer fringe.

Maybe a little bit more growing

Until it's long and flowing!

Will have to use

More moose and gel

Keep the wax in the fridge as well.


But its taking longer to tweak

And needing more upkeep

With new techniques

And hair around my cheeks

In between and so unique.

 

Its looking newfangled

And gained many tangles

In places looks strangled

And the fringe now, it dangles

Now theres more to handle.

 

So its really no surprise

That Im having a wrangle

Completely undecided

Terribly divided

While the fringe gets in my eyes!

 

 

 Copyright Linda Lawrence

22/09/2020

 

No comments: