Wednesday 4 March 2020

Feeling sorry


Feeling sorry

At last, it’s become quite clear
It’s been a quarter of a year!
For this awful barotrauma
Think at last I’ve turned a corner!
As like you are - am very busy
Between commitments,
Work ties, been quite dizzy...
I’ve been prodded and poked
And at times quite provoked;
Looked at, checked, analyzed,
Spent much time taking your advice!
And now on closer inspection
It’s apparently been a nasty infection
Right in the middle and deep inside
(Given ear drops, lying on my side)
Heard strange noises in my head.
(Very weird when in bed)
Have been handed useless ‘scripts
Among other suggestions and futile bits!
Using some of your precious resources
To dig deep finding out the causes!
A client has taken care of me
Reversed role, when you’ve felt crappy...
And as for that daily ritual
Has now become so habitual!
Eyes, nose, ears, antihistamine
It really has been quite obscene!
A balloon blown up from my snout
Admit to feeling quite worn out!
I must now have the cleanest Eustachian -
Clear of any inflammation.
People have bought megaphones
All I’ve heard is tinny monotone!
But thank you so much NHS
For sorting out my ear hole mess.
Otitis media has been quite painful
Between the wind and the rainfall
The tears and not being able to hear
Just want it all to disappear.

Feeling sorry for myself...

March 2020




No comments: