Thursday 7 August 2014

Longing

Longing

I really want to generate
Before they start to disintegrate
And badly want to celebrate,
Before my age starts to accelerate.

I feel a longing to introduce,
So desperate to reproduce.
Create offspring of my own,
Feel so numb and all alone.

My deep desire to give birth
Before I leave this earth,
A craving so profound,
Don’t want to hang around.

A yearning that I crave
Before I reach my grave,
A chance to nurture my spawn
And not die before they’re born.

In my body there are eggs
That could be little arms and legs.
A child I can call mine
But each month they are declined.

I have a deep down need
For the sperm to find my seed.
Am anxious to succeed;
It’s so true that women bleed.

I’m sure I’m not infertile
It will just take a little while.
But just got one life request
To hold my baby to my breast.

Copyright Linda Lawrence

6th August 2014

No comments: