Saturday 9 August 2014

In the cold light of day

In the cold light of day

You stole my bag
With all I had
In the cold light of day
But can say!
Only that I’m glad!

I was somewhat shaken
With what was taken
And thought you’d mistaken.
I was taken aback
With your attack.

Out for a walk
And think I was stalked
Watched me like a hawk,
Along a forest path
But I had the last laugh!

Just Ruby and me
With wild berries and trees
And I’m sure you’ll agree
When I set you free
That what happened was glee!

Don’t think me unkind
When home with your finds.
But sure enough
When you stole my stuff
I called your bluff!

You ran quickly away,
Hope I led you astray!
You got away with it
But have to admit
To my quirky wit.

Now you’re wide eyed
With what was inside
Serves you right snide!
It’s all bona fide
And I’ve brushed it aside.

I enjoyed our walk
And our doggie talks
Her tail she wags
And that was the snag
Her poo was in that bag!

Copyright Linda Lawrence
Having a daft moment.

9th August 2014











No comments: