Saturday 22 December 2012

On Jeff Lynne!


on Jeff Lynn

I didn’t mean to put Jeff Lynne 
Outside In the recycling bin -
When I should be keeping him!
And not to be dumped with potato skin
And other things, like bottles and tins
And your violin -my maestro king!
Love to hear you sing;
Legend of a living thing!

Your hairy face nearly met my fireplace!
Lost in time, stars and space;
The man I most admire
That’s almost set the world on fire.
I didn’t mean to disregard
Outside my back yard -
You are my trump card!
To you I have such deep regard.

Now I’m not proposing
That you’re decomposing
But you do possess
A knack to reprocess!

And didn’t think it at the time,
You’ve been so good with song and rhyme;
I’ve always thought you were terrific
Talented, gifted - and so prolific.

I want to admire and enjoy,
The thrilling skills you can employ.
I didn’t mean to almost destroy.....
Out of the blue the golden boy!

Linda Lawrence

8th November 2012

From your 'forever' fan!

No comments: