Saturday, 22 December 2012

A well earned rest


A well-earned rest

We’ve travelled to a distant land
Clear sea, blue skies go hand in hand;
Burnt our feet on hot white sand
Thinking thoughts of ain’t life grand.

But every morning there is a race
To reserve a spot and put in place;
So for now it is ‘their’ space,
Roast in the heat – a reddened face!

Get up too early it is so sad -
Mothers, children, babies, dad!
Doss all day, they must be mad!
Part of the rat race they’ve now had.

And of these people, it is allowed -
Doesn’t matter what face in the crowd,
Ready and waiting with coloured towel
Like a vulture to prey and justly proud!

But just for now it’s worth a shot
To arise with birds to grab a spot!
I’ll lay here all day while it’s hot
A distant home life I’ve forgot.

So pardon me and please excuse
While I kick off my plastic shoes.
My bodies’ had a little booze.....
I’ll lay here for now and have a snooze.

Copyright Linda Lawrence

8th August 2012

No comments: