Saturday 10 July 2021

Bring it back!

 Bring it back!

 

Ma’am and the monarchy

For your platinum jubilee

Wants us to plant trees!

Scratching my head,

Using my brain

To entice the butterflies, bees,

(With other beasties)

To bring back some of what we had -

To bring back eco food chains

With meadows growing carefree

And agree

That this doesn’t take

A Masters degree!

Wildness doesn’t need to maintain

(Remembering childhood

Making daisy chains

In the public domain)

And while you reign -

Let it rain!

While what we had

Is being regained

 

I can buy a pot plant

Or a climber for the window frame

And have a cup of tea

Or raise a glass (or two)

Of champagne

And the only tree for me,

Would be the family tree

As I live in a tiny flat by the sea

 

Copyright Linda Lawrence

5th June 2021

 

 

 

No comments: