Tuesday 23 February 2021

Want Out My Body!

 

Want Out My Body!

 

You wanted to have a peep inside

To find out what was wrong,

For many months I've almost cried

Going on for much too long!

 

Been feeling humpy and grumpy

Want to feel like I used to be!

It worried me being lumpy

Not sure what they're going to see.

 

There were many people in that room

All putting me at ease,

'And while we look within your womb

Think of your happy place now please!'

 

I thought of blue sea and snorkeling,

While trying to count down

And thoughts about wellbeing

In a hospital gown.


Good to wake up to a cup of tea

With a biscuit and a smile!

Said 'Thanks for looking after me

Can I stay here for a while?'

 

Now you've explained the concern -

And I really have no doubt,

You've told me and I've learned

You'll be needing to take it out!

 

I think of all things uterine

Of the babies that grew in there

But think removal will be fine

Have finished with childcare!

 

I will be back before the end of May,

Go back to a happy place.

I don't mind staying for a day,

This might be my saving grace.

 

Copyright Linda Lawrence

22/02/2021

 

23/02/2021

No comments: