Tuesday 23 June 2020

End of my tether!


End of my tether!

Looking like a straw scarecrow
And didnt want my hair to grow!
Streaks of brown, grey and not as fair
Fringe covers my eyes, I do despair!

Its fine but thick and needs a trim -
The layers now have reached my chin!
Its out of sync and gone haywire;
Thick and weedy wet with perspire.

I never liked it quite this long,
It looks so odd and very wrong!
Its got split ends and been such a blow,
Hairdressers have been in weeks of furlough.

Am looking like a right old witch,
It looks as though theres been a glitch!
In my hair a plastic Alice band,
It looks quite weird and wasnt planned.

Beginning to dread my awful locks,
Need it cut before the next equinox!
Its full of frizz and tangled waves
And dripping sweat in this heat wave.

At the moment I am not enthralled
And wish Id had a style like bald!
It resembles something like a mop
Looks like my face has just dropped.

I havent used hair colouring
Since lockdown at the start of spring.
Havent been near any dye;
Shops been shut, am mortified!

Cant use wax or rub in mousse
And way past giving it a spruce!
With extra hair and this hot weather
Nearly at the end of my tether!

Copyright Linda Lawrence
23rd June 2020





No comments: