Tuesday 29 May 2018

Now or never!


On Sue's impending operation

Now or never! 

I’ve got to be rid of my toe!
The doctor says it just has to go!
I need a swift op -
Just a quick chop,
It will improve things - I know!

I’ll be able to wear pretty shoes -
More shops to peer in and peruse!
Get rid of the corn -
(Now that I won’t mourn)
And good to have plenty to choose!

Start to wear my boots;
That alone is an attribute!
Or just go with bare feet
With my plates of meat
And I will stand resolute!

My digit of vertebrate
Has been a little bit delicate.
It’s has been apart
And needs to depart.
It’s long been separate.

Now the doctor, he’s very clever
As he knows what bit to sever!
I know I’ll feel better
If it’s done by the letter;
It really is now or never!

So when it’s all done and at home,
You’ll no longer hear me moan
About my second digit
And various widgets
I won’t miss that broken bone!


For Sue
29th May 2018


No comments: