Tuesday 10 April 2018

Just ask Google!




Just ask Google!

As the alarm clock shrills,
Need to take my pills.
The washing machine beeps
 While I’m half asleep.
Alexa speaks -
This makes me freak!
Could've thrown the phone -
As alarms for medicine drones;
It's so very loud, 
Shouldn't be allowed!
As deafening as a thunder cloud!
Did I just take my drugs
With the cold tea from the mug?
Or from the water jug?
While I’m upstairs
The phone it blares
To take my tablets -
Just not in the habit!
The printer blips and bloops
Am jumping through hoops!
The front door bell rings,
The microwave pings.
My Ready meals' ready
So quickly already!
Everything is just
So high tech
And makes a din,
I jump out of my skin!
Did I take my meds
Forgot to check
My nerves in shreds;
Asking Google on the PC
Just a futuristic wannabe!

Copywrite Linda Lawrence
10th April 2018

No comments: