Tuesday 13 June 2017

Risqué!


Risqué!

I know this is going to be very risqué!
But sent another Top Fifteen list;
Looking back and to my dismay
There are so many tracks I have missed!

It’s Linda from East Grinstead!
Oh no please – not her again!
The Self employed carer’s off her head,
Who loves music and Jeff Lynne.

I thought perhaps you just might
Consider my other chosen tracks
And to understand my plight!
(I know I’ve sent in stacks!)

The list, over time just accrued;
But to pick out 15 – just a few
Was agonising and painful to do!
So thought just send more to you....

June 2017


Hey Linda

In the trash, I think not. 
Even if you've sent in a lot.

It will never be wrong
To play more great songs

But to get to the gist,
Please whittle down your list

Or we'll all still be here
Rockin in the new year!

Tony 

Hi Linda

Thanks for your recent verse.  

We know you’ve sent another list,
But keep on sending. Don’t desist
You’re latest tracks are in the pile
We will play them in a while
Keep on sending we don’t mind
We are here to help on Caroline

Thanks for supporting Radio Caroline

Roger
(Top 15s Producer)

Dear Roger,

Thank you so much for your poem and encouraging words
You might have guessed my ‘top 15’s’ have just reached two-thirds!
But have been advised to shrink or whittle down
From a very long list – (now that did make me frown!)
Having said this, you Deejays s are so very gifted
Finding long lost loved tracks – it keeps us lifted!
And not only that, there are some who write rhymes -
Can imagine you’d jotted them down during prime time!
Am listening closely to those rediscovered great records
There must be zillions of us that are aboard!
Can only apologise for my usual digressing,
But just so chuffed now I’ve got your blessing!
It’s been such a great journey with you, Tony and Pat
And you’ve all a great sense of humour - no doubt about that!
Am re-reading these odes, they’re making me laugh
It’s good to know, it’s not only me that’s so daft...


No comments: