Wednesday 26 October 2016

True story....

True story...

My day started off when my pussy cat
Left a pile behind on my welcome mat!
I didn’t discover until my slippers stood flat
Now trod right in and spread all the shat!

Stood in my Pyjamas and to my dismay,
Woke up to this pile that was on display!
Not a good start to a busy day and
Don’t quite know what she was trying to say!

Isn’t it fortunate to tread in some muck?
But felt today I just wasn’t in luck!
It wasn’t the first time that lightning had struck;
There are times in life that it will just suck.

I honestly didn’t know where to begin
But parted with slippers in the landfill bin!
At six in the morning, took it all on the chin
And hosed down the mat to clean the damn thing!

The kitchen stunk of all things vile;
And son said farting wasn’t really my style.
And All I wanted to do was to run a mile,
Get on with my day and be versatile!

Though glad of the slippers on my plates of meat
Imagine the squelching between the toes on my feet!
Using colourful language I would not repeat,
Hold my hand up and scream at defeet!

Linda Lawrence
26th October 2016

No comments: