Wednesday 26 March 2014

No idea!

No idea!

The garden’s had a soaking
Something you thought
You’d never hear me say!
And in view of the bulbs and seeds
We needed some rain,
As they were planted with
Love just today.

I’ve sowed some Sage
Other herbs and Coriander,
It’s rather uncanny and strange
I want to tempt the Bees
And Butterflies
With a Buddleia -
Now I’m middle aged!

I’ve planted some fruit
Turned over a new leaf!
A plastic greenhouse to boot -
You must be in disbelief
That Blueberry, raspberry
And tomato and rocket
Have started to sprout shoots!

Am taking an interest
And wanting to grow
Some stuff of my own
Though I’ve been a bit slow,
But just to let you know
There’s even a Strawberry plant
On the shelves down below.

I hope the sunflowers
Grow high and reach heaven,
Then you can send a shower
If they did get so tall!
And you will be enthralled
That this useless gardener
Has no idea at all!

Linda Lawrence (For my parents)
26th March 2014


No comments: