Friday 15 February 2013

Gin and Tea!


Gin and Tea!

Filching through, stuff has accrued
From nuts and screws to paper glue!
My proof of birth and all I’m worth
For the rest of my time on this earth.

There is a will, (now it’s all downhill)
And piles of unpaid utility bills....
There are so many poems to read;
Some litigation that’s been agreed.

The instructions for a tiny mouse -
And including the deeds to my house!
Bank goofing, money for roofing
The confirmation of some damp proofing!

Plenty of trees used for this company
Mixed in with other bits of debris,
Wires, tyres, how to use a log fire;
This mess has really got quite dire!

Causes of the change or menopause
Sitting here reading some prose but pause;
Room for improvement with all its flaws!
Then the cat walks over with muddy paws...

Some out of date hospital checks,
A three year old written out cheque;
Am beginning to feel quite like a wreck!
Is it nearly time yet to take a rain check?

The out of date treatment for my teeth
With all the dust that lies beneath.
Insurance claims and just me to blame!
A letter in my maiden name!

And hidden at the back, a word game
And some other stuff I must reclaim!
Hours on end, don’t quite feel sane
Is this right about a capital gain?

Some legislation, a little taxation,
Need motivation, not frustration!
Piles from the Inland Revenue -
As if there’s nothing better to do!

Achievements, bereavements, all in A4
It’s taken all day, now locking up the draw!
Everything now is from A to Zee!
It’s time now for some Gin in my tea!

Copyright Linda Lawrence
13th February 2013

No comments: