Sunday 8 April 2012

Sliding away......

Sliding away...

Scratched and scuffed my arm is stiff
It's sad that it hardly moves,
It takes a while, after a style
To get back in the groove.

Old Gold, memories of gatefold;
Picture discs, double A's, labels bold.
Sleeves browned, worn and torn;
The labels' disabled and feeling forlorn.

My rpm has slowed right down
Thought I have an authentic sound!
My noise has got a little thin
And many end up in the bin.

I've been played so many times
Danced and sang to this tune of mine!
You've piled me high, put me in line
No longer wanted, this is a crime!

A gentle stylus on record plays
Slightly warped - those were the days!
L.P.'s, E.P's forty fives -
Need a revival to survive.

Round and smooth, slick and black,
Sliding away, just bring them back!
In a dark box we've stacked our vinyl
It won't be long before they're final.

Copyright Linda Lawrence
April fool 2012

No comments: