Tuesday 22 June 2010

My survival!

Bless my son.....

My Survival!

Clinging to a rock like a blood-sucking leech,
A quiet little island on golden beach.
The pebbles shone like precious stones;
Many flavoured ice-cream in wafer cones.

Its blank expression and inky black stare;
As Scorpions drew as close as they dared.
It lay quite still beside its lair
Swaying on a boulder without a care!

The Sharks and Whales kept well away
In the depths of dark blue sea they played,
Of this predator they were afraid
In the safety of their shoals they stayed.

Was petrified, so turned and ran
From the creatures in the sea and sand.
One step shep ahead to survive -
Didn't want to be eaten alive!

But the Octopus was tied to a metal anchor,
Think might of made a tiny clanger!
As I crept nearer, counted more than twenty
Of arms and legs - more than plenty!

Thought should have brought my spectacles
As they were not real octopus' tentacles!
The baby crabs crawled back to their Mum -
Their sideways dance walks in the sun.

And on the rock, torn rope, so thick;
The tiny fish that swam so quick.
I'm laughing now until I cry -
My imagination ran awry!

For Joseph


Copyright Linda Lawrence
16th June 2010

No comments: