Thursday, 8 October 2026

Untidy takes time

 

Untidy takes time


Not looking at my best

Feeling a little undressed,

Confess I look a mess!

Going to have to redress.


I don’t embrace when

It’s not all over the place!

It’s going quite badly and

It just needs to be straggly!


It’s all straight and levelled

Want it to be dishevelled.

Nor is it tangled and just

Too neat, not mangled.

.

It’s much better untidy

And a little bit spiky,

Unruly and scruffy,

Not all soft and fluffy!


I’ve used super-hold spray -

The sticky stuff for today.

Serum, foam, clay,

But it’s not going my way!


Gels, wax, powders, glues,

Lotions, sprays, a good mousse

Upside down blows,

Straighteners and other gismos


Hair-drying an art

And now it looks smart!

It’s not quite the look

That I saw in a book!


Going to sleep and rest

Wake up in a mess!

And when I get up,

It’s perfect haircut!


And after I’ve roused

It’s perfectly toused

All products applied

Are now cast aside.


And in the meanwhile

I quite like the hairstyle

If it looks unkempt

After all my attempts!


Copyright Linda Lawrence

8th October 2026
















No comments: