Wonders without end
At 0530 I looked up high
At the miracles in the sky,
The pattern of the big dipper
Shaped like a saucepan
And with each changing season
I'll look up every night if I can.
Pegasus, the flying horse,
I have to look carefully of course.
The distant galaxies so far away
Naked to the human eye
Yet so clear today!
As a shooting star flew by.
Cygnus, the swan, end of the summer
Shines down brightly - what a stunner!
The crescent moon, looks amazing
If I could stay awake, I'll keep stargazing!
The planets, our birth signs
From millions of miles, all aligned.
The northern and southern hemisphere
I want to see, when it's clear
No light pollution, just the stars
And if I'm lucky, a view of Mars!
I've seen Saturn and coloured rings
Venus, Gemini and its twins.
Seven sisters, the milky way
In the cold night air without delay!
Out in the garden the only light,
Thousands of pinpricks, almost in sight
Just after evening twilight.
Out there, in star filled night.
Feels so magical, the atmosphere,
Inky black on our side of the sphere.
Up there in the vast endless space
A supernova will take place.
Another universe a black hole
A cosmos on celestial pole.
The changing skies and any reason!
During every changing season.
The August dust, the meteor shower.
Walk up the garden in a waking hour
The beehive cluster, starry mist
So beautiful, just can't resist!
Copyright Linda Lawrence
5th October 2026
No comments:
Post a Comment