Thursday, 10 September 2026

While you slept

 

While you slept…


Curtains drawn

Not long after dawn.

A dream stays with me

And need some tea.

Already burnt out

But best set about

The cleaning -

Get the house gleaming!

Clean kitchen counters

Vacuumed (an all rounder)

Cleaned through with cloths;

Looked at Moths!

Loos disinfected

And as I expected

Bins need unfilling

(Am very unwilling).

All the floors -

Got on all fours!

Anything that needed

A wipe indoors.

A damp dust,

Always a must.

I need to make the bed

And get ahead!

Washed up,

Wiped up,

Cleaned up!

Second cup of tea

In my rude tea cup!

Stroked my kitty

She is so pretty.

Washing done

Now hung on the line

Outside.

Now sitting down

On my backside!

And while you slept

A fly or other insect

I had to inject

Some fly spray

Before it got away

Now I feel wrecked

Put more washing

In the machine

This just leaves me to

Shower myself clean…..


Copyright Linda Lawrence

No comments: