Tuesday, 29 September 2026

Pay, display and pray

 Pay, display and pray



There’s no enforcement

While I look all around,

Need plenty of time

Digs deep for a pound!


I need to display,

How long it will take?

Tucked up in a bay

Needing a tea break.


Where are the free zones?

(I muse and reflect)

Got to use my mobile phone,

Not sure of this tech.


I begrudge this fee

When permission was permitted

And now it’s perplexing,

My teeth are now gritted.


It won’t take my money -

It spat out my card!

I talked to it nicely

It is so bizarre.


I just need some space!

And have been inserting

Coins in a grey face,


It’s got so disconcerting.


It looks so menacing,

There’s no human to aid

And all I need to do

Is buy one thing today.


It’s finally worked!

And about time!

But between all the faff

I have been fined.


Copyright Linda Lawrence


29th September 2026

No comments: